Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2013

Marriage

I think I'm gonna make time again sharing something that suddenly popped out of my mind. This came out actually from the conversation between me and Ega. Both of us have usually different mind but the funny thing that we can just share it with each other even we were on the street. Well, we talked in Indonesian, so basically almost nobody understood us, but this time I would like to share it in English, so everybody would be able to read und understand.

When we come to the topic "Marriage" is just a huge huge thing to be discuss without end. Single women (including me) are worried about marriage. It's something that essential though theoretical as long as one is not yet married.

Personally, I'm grateful to be born in a catholic family. And one of the reason I have been kept on this religion is the gospel "Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate". I believe basically every religion doesn't expect or allow a divorce, right? But maybe (again, this is subjective) Catholic has the most complicated procedure for those who are wishing to get divorce.

I have the principle that marriage is one in a lifetime. Some people say, it's allowed to get divorce in case of betrayal or affair or anything else. When I and Ega came up to discuss this, it was going to be hard, because Ega is for and I'm against. Well, again, this is theoretical, we haven't been in a marriage, but we both just learned from our parents and from what life has showed us.

We learned that marriage life is something private. You're not anymore two, but one. It's basically like how you behave even in normal life. It's like if you can smile through the whole day so that everyone thinks that you're fine but you're actually not. Marriage is about solving problem between you, trusting and being trustable and faithful. If you've ever had a long happy marriage, there's no reason for the other people to know that you're having problems with your husband/wife.

Marriage is once in a lifetime, is about being together til death tears you apart.

Nothing is easy and smoothing going on in this world. So does marriage. Get divorce easily like the celebrities did, is totally a kind of "giving up" or "escaping from difficulties" Man, there's nothing easy in this world. People are learning from life itself. Youth are being mature, from how they handle with problems and not escaping from reality.

Like you try to make a good impression of yourself in front of people, I think, that's also valid for marriage life. Give people a good impression of you as a pair and don't tell them about your badness or weakness.
Because you're not anymore two, but one. People will see you as one also. So, if you tell them your husband's /wife's badness or weakness, you are telling them your badness.

I believe that getting married is just like another step of life. It's beautiful if you can see, realize and be grateful for that :)

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I think for us Asians who grew up with eastern values of marriage, divorce is not the main issue (for now). I personally think that the biggest problem is how we (or our relatives/friends) see marriage as a 'next phase' (like being from teenager to young adult) which you 'should' encounter in a certain range of age rather than a choice.

But speaking about divorce, I'm totally for it. Not because I support people to run away from problems, but I just think that everyone deserves to find happiness, and being in an unhappy marriage is one of the most horrible hell on earth. Also, usually women are the ones who suffer the most in unhappy marriages, so that is also to protect them.